Friday, March 25, 2011

the dog depot society!

So usually the task of taking Kimball (mastiff puppy) to the dog park is left up to Matt. But since Matt is in San Jose for work, I get the honor of loading up the dogs and spending a sweaty hour in downtown Round Rock. At first I thought I would bring a good read and attempt to relax in the blazing hot sun, but little did I know the dog depot would become another not so elite society to add to the list.



The people that attend the dog park on a regular basis are very eclectic. It is kinda like going to Wal-Mart at 2 am, you just never know who or what you are going to see. The only difference is at the dog depot you sit and talk to them for sometimes hours! I was going to write this account yesterday... but I felt I would be much more informative if I went back for a second time to research further.

Where do I start, the first person I met was this old gay from Santa Fe. He is very intelligent, worked for the University of California, and is super friendly. His partner is an Australian Cattle Dog named Louie. For the past two days I have been hearing about how disappointed he is with Redbox because he cannot get Burlesque and it says it should be available. Hard life huh!?!

 The next guy I met was this crazy Mexican.  He has a huge black mutt and carries around a styrofoam cup full of what I am positive is vodka. The first thing that came out of his mouth was "I just love my mutt, he tells me when my boys are trying to sneak or and steal my car, So I ain't tripp'in." Gotta love that!

The next character is a cute girl about my age that has the most adorable basset hound named lumberjack! She is about the only normal girl there, glad I found her. Lumberjack is what I like to call the regulator and as soon as the dogs act up, he lets out precious basset barks.

As much as I like to make fun of the crazies at the dog park, I long to feel included. I am probably just as crazy talking about how kimball can speak spanish and that she understands me. Next blog I will include pictures of Kimball's new acquaintances.


No comments:

Post a Comment